Announcement of the Management Board of ENERGA SA on the payment of a dividend 06.06.2011
Announcement of the Management Board of ENERGA SA on the payment of a dividend
The Management Board of ENERGA SA with its seat in Gdańsk kindly informs that:
1) the General Shareholders' Meeting of ENERGA SA passed Resolution No. 3 on the matter of the distribution of net profit for 2010 in the amount of PLN 347 938 634.29, setting aside a sum of PLN 149 064 161.04 for a shareholder dividend, i.e. PLN 0.03 per share,
2) those holding shares and entered into the Shareholders' Register on the day of the aforementioned resolution's passing, i.e. 27 April 2011 (dividend day) are entitled to receive the dividend,
3) payment of the dividend will commence in accordance with the decision of the Supervisory Board of ENERGA SA on 27 June 2011.
Payment of the dividend for:
1) shareholders who are domestic corporate entities and domestic non-corporate entities – is performed via the intermediation of the Company,
2) remaining shareholders (excluding domestic corporate entities and domestic non-corporate entities) – takes place via the sole intermediation of Centralny Dom Maklerski Pekao SA (CDM Pekao SA) in cash at appointed Client Service Offices or by bank transfer to the shareholder's account.
To exercise the aforementioned right, please present yourself along with a document confirming your identity on:
- 13 June 2011 at any CSO and submit an order for payment of the dividend to a bank account of the authorized shareholder,
- 27 June 2011 at the CSO designated in the following portion of this announcement and submit an order for payment of the dividend in cash at the CSO.
Shareholders not domiciled in Poland may submit an order for the payment of the dividend at any CSO in the country, or send it via registered letter (in such cases the signature on the order must be authenticated by a Polish diplomatic mission or consular office) to:
Centralny Dom Maklerski Pekao SA
ul. Wołoska 18,
Shareholders who submitted an order for the payment of the dividend from profit for 2009 by bank transfer do not need to submit another order. The dividend from profit for 2010 will be transferred to the shareholder's bank account. Shareholders whose account numbers have changed are required to update this information at the earliest possible moment at any chosen CSO. Failure to do so will result in the dividend payment being sent to the shareholder's bank account number as listed in the database of those entitled to receive a dividend from shares in ENERGY SA as maintained by CDM Pekao SA.
Submission of an order to pay the dividend by bank transfer by 21 June 2011 will result in the payment of the dividend on 27 June 2011.
After 31 July 2011 it will be possible to submit an order for payment of the dividend at any CSO in the country, until 27 June 2014. A list of CSOs is available at the following websites: www.energa.pl; www.cdmpekao.com.pl.
Entitled shareholders are required to act in person or via a properly appointed attorney. Power of attorney may be issued in writing and bearing the notarially attested signature of the shareholder or signature attested by an employee of CDM Pekao SA, or in the form of a notarial deed. Power of attorney issued outside of the Republic of Poland must be authenticated by a Polish diplomatic mission or consular office, unless the provisions of statute or of an international treaty to which the Republic of Poland is a party hold otherwise. The content of the power of attorney must be translated by a sworn translator into Polish.
Payment of a dividend on behalf of an underage shareholder may be performed by a parent acting in the role of legal guardian, or as in the case of a shareholder deprived of legal capacity – guardian or custodian, upon presentation of the appropriate decision of a court. Inheritors of an entitled shareholder should, during collection of the dividend, present such documents as the death certificate of the entitled shareholder, a final decision of a court on ascertainment of the acquisition of an inheritance or a registered deed of succession composed by a notary.
The shareholder's dividend will be subjected to the deduction of a lump sum income tax in the amount of 19%, or of another amount insofar as such is foreseen for foreign persons in treaties for the avoidance of dual taxation, on condition of serving by 27 June 2011 to ENERGA SA, ul. Mikołaja Reja 29, 80-870 Gdańsk (Director of the Management Board Office) a current certificate of residence along with translation performed by a sworn translator.
In addition, we wish to inform that shareholders being physical persons do not include dividend income in their annual income statements, nor the sum of tax collected.
Details can be obtained:
1) at any CSO in the country,
2) by telephone from CDM Pekao SA:
- 0 801 140 490 – for domestic calls from stationary telephones,
- +48 (22) 591 24 90 – for calls from abroad and from mobile phones,
3) at ENERGA SA – telephone: 058 77 88 459.